Citrus Zinger Water Bottles In Canada – How To Spot A Counterfeit
Lately, a lot of customers have asked me how to tell if a Citrus Zinger Water Bottle is genuine or counterfeit. Due to the incredible popularity of the Citrus Zinger, knock offs are becoming a growing problem for consumers.
At Elua, we purchase all of our Citrus Zingers directly from the US based manufacturer, Zing Anything but a growing number of counterfeit or fake Citrus Zingers Water Bottles are however making their way to Canada. Counterfeit Citrus Zingers may seem like a good deal at first until you consider all the corners that were cut during their production.
Here are 9 things to watch out for so you don't end up with a counterfeit Citrus Zinger.
- There should be a hang tag attached to the cap of the Citrus Zinger Water Bottle. Bottles sold within Canada and the United States will have hang tags in English not Korean or Chinese.
- Citrus Zinger and Kid Zinger Water Bottles sold in Canada and the United States are not packaged in a display box.
- Fake or counterfeit Citrus Zinger Water Bottles have a very different neck when compared to a genuine one. Most counterfeit Citrus Zingers have a ridge below the threads and vary in shape. A genuine Citrus Zinger bottle will have a smooth, rounded shoulder, not a flat, angled one as shown in the picture above.
- The price of Citrus Zinger Water Bottle in Canada is around $20 CAD. If you see a bottle selling for significantly less, it's probably a fake.
- Genuine Citrus Zingers have a solid reamer tip compared to counterfeit reamers which have a hollow tip. The holes in the genuine Citrus Zinger reamer also have a clean, beveled cut. Many counterfeit bottles have holes that are cut straight cut and usually have rough edges.
- The logo band is not removable from the bottom cup on genuine Citrus Zingers. Counterfeit bottles often use an easy to see adhesive glue underneath the band. The writing on the Citrus Zinger logo band should be crisp and sharp not dull or even crooked as is the case on counterfeit or fake bottles.
- Genuine Citrus Zingers sold in Canada and the US use high quality, BPA free Tritan plastic. Counterfeit bottles are made from inferior and potentially toxic materials. If you open a Citrus Zinger and get a strong whiff of plastic odour, you probably have a fake.
- The top cap of genuine Citrus Zingers contain a small rubber gasket to prevent leaking. Genuine gaskets looks like a stair-step double ring, is removable and fits snugly into the cap. Counterfeit Citrus Zingers will have a single ring gasket or a poorly designed alternative.
- The bottom cup of each Citrus Zinger Water Bottle has information which should be sharp and easy to read. Fake Citrus Zingers may have writing on the bottom cup that is hard to read, wavy, crooked or even blurry. Current production of the Citrus Zinger has a single ring of product info on the bottom cup but older versions do have a double ring of text. The current production information in the single ring version states “www.zinganything.com – patent pending – bpa and ea free Tritan – designed by studio murmur – made in Taiwan”. Look carefully and you'll note that only the “T” in “Tritan” and “Taiwan” are capitalized.
Please be careful when shopping for Citrus Zingers in Canada!
Some Citrus Zinger counterfeit bottles are easier to spot than others. Please remember that fake Citrus Zingers may have all the variations listed above or could have only one or two defects. While everyone likes a deal, myself included, I don't like unsafe plastics, leaky bottles or those who infringe on the investments and intellectual rights of others. Our friends at Zing Anything have worked incredibly hard over the years to bring the Citrus Zinger Water Bottle to market and they make a quality bottle that shows in the end product.
To report a fake Citrus Zinger bottle or to ask us to investigate a bottle being sold online, please email me at email@example.com and I'd be more than happy to help.
Print This Article