10 Tips and Tricks to Drink More Water Tomorrow
If you are like us, you probably need to drink more water. We all need to drink more water. You know that, I know that, your mother knows that. We should also eat fewer carbs and more vegetables but let’s stick with water for now.
Drinking more water is cheaper and easier than giving up fresh bread, french fries or beer and replacing with a kale smoothie. At least it should be right? Yet many of you will read this blog, get inspired to drink more water and then push off your new goal to Friday and then the weekend and then next month.
At Elua, we wanted to give you 10 tips and tricks to help you drink more water, feel better and lose weight tomorrow. Not the day after, not next week when your yoga class starts, tomorrow.
- Leave a glass of water on your bedside table when you go to bed. When you wake up, drink it before you get out of bed. It will be room temperature and thus easier to drink than cold water and less of a shock to your system.
- Before you allow yourself to have a cup of coffee, make it a rule that you have to drink the same amount of water that you plan on drinking as coffee. Caution, a side effect of this is that you’ll probably drink less coffee.
- Do you take a multi-vitamin? When you do, fill up your glass and empty the whole thing instead of just drinking the gulp or two needed to get that giant-but-good-for-you capsule down.
- Take the Elua commuter challenge and drink more water by consuming a litre of water before you get to work, school or back to your house after a bike ride or jog. Double fist with your favourite tea or coffee if you have to. Looking for a good water bottle to help you drink more water on the go? Check out our favourites from bkr and Glasstic. We like them so much we decided to give one away for free to each new Elua customer! Click here for more details.
- 10:30 coffee break? Stick to your rule and throw back a mug of water before you are allowed to have a mug of coffee.
- Have a salad for lunch. The lettuce and vegetables in it can have as much as 95% water by weight. Add fruit like grapes and apples which are also high in water content.
- Every time you come back from the washroom, drink more water before you do anything else. Don’t sit down, don’t check your email and don’t get distracted from your mission.
- Afternoon can be difficult since at this point, even the best water, like Elua can get a bit boring. You'll be able to drink more water and energize your afternoon by adding some flavour to your water. Keep a bag of lemons in your desk drawer at work. Lemons have the added bonus of being high in vitamin C and other natural goodness and much better than artificial sweeteners and powdered flavours. Try cucumbers, fresh berries, herbs and other fruits to keep things interesting.
- If you have Elua at work, refill your favourite water bottle and take the commuter challenge again on your way home.
- Supper time? Easy, switch from milk, soda, juice, beer, wine, etc. to water. Add frozen blueberries, raspberries or strawberries to add some colour and fun. Switching to water will also help you cut down on calories, fat, sugar and could help with reducing heartburn and even help you sleep better.
What's your favourite tip or trick for drinking more water? Have you tried the Elua Commuter Challenge? If so, we'd love to hear about it! Ready to drink more water, better water? Click here to join the Elua family!
Print This Article